Dermal fillers can enhance skin by smoothing lines and plumping up areas of lost elasticity. They can be used to achieve a variety of rejuvenating results including:
- Contouring the cheeks and chin
- Filling deep lines, such as those that run from the nose to the mouth
- Correcting acne or chicken pox scars
- Restoring a youthful fullness and definition to lips
- They are designed to be used on the lines that are visible when the facial muscles aren’t moving, known as static lines, for a subtle lift and a refreshed look. Fillers work by using hyaluronic acid, a natural substance in the human body that attracts water to the skin.
Hyaluronic acid naturally depletes with age, which is one of the reasons why older people appear to lose volume in their cheeks and their skin develops more lines.
A numbing cream is applied to minimise any discomfort and tiny amounts of the safe, gel-like filler are injected with an ultra-fine needle into the areas requiring treatment. There is no need for a recovery period and results are instant, lasting for several months.
Dermal filler consultations
Everyone has a different skin type so we offer dermal filler consultations where we can talk through which treatments would deliver the best results for your skin and lips. These consultations are ideal opportunities for us to come up with a treatment plan that will work best.